Onguma Bush Camp
Onguma Bush Camp offers 18 rooms and is ideal for families with children. Family loft rooms ensure the kids will have a great safari. The lounge and dining areas overlook a stunning waterhole that affords great opportunities to see nature at play around the clock. You don’t even have to leave the camp to see game – they come to you! What better place to enjoy a sundowner drink.
- Old-world safari style
- 18 Rooms
- 3 loft rooms and 3 family rooms
- Free Wifi throughout the Camp
- Spectacular large waterhole
- Mosquito net
Onguma Bush Camp consists of 3 twin bedded standard loft rooms with a children’s sleep area in the loft, 8 twin bedded Deluxe Rooms, 3 Rondavels, 3 family units with 4 beds, 1 Settler’s Room (formerly the honeymoon suite) as well as 4 single tour guide rooms.
The Waterhole/Pool-Side Rooms are built with views of the newly enlarged waterhole or views across the pool.
There is a swimming pool and a thatched bar, lounge and dining area that overlooks the extensive waterhole.
Private Bush dinners can be booked for 2-6 people at a surcharge of N$500.00 per person. Bush Dinners can only be booked if your package includes a dinner option. Should your group exceed 6, please consider booking our Boma activity.
- Children under the age of 3 years stay free of charge
- Children 3 to 11 years sharing with adults, pay the above children rate
- The rate for children sharing with adults is a nett rate and includes specified meals
- Children 12 and above stay in their own room at full price.
- 3 of the Deluxe rooms are in an unfenced section of the camp and are therefore not recommended for children
- Onguma Bush Camp is mostly fenced in. However, the adult supervision of children is required at all times
- GAME DRIVES ARE CONDUCTED ON OPEN SAFARIS VEHICLES. FOR SAFETY REASONS CHILDREN UNDER 10 YEARS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON GAME DRIVE VEHICLES
“Relaxing & understated”
We had a lovely time at the Bush Camp with our 8 month old baby. The bungalow we were in was chic & stylish in an understated way. The shower was very good. We saw a lot if animals on our game drives with Atun when we visited.
The staff were very friendly & helpful & the in house guide was great. The camp provided mossie spray & a screened cot for our baby. The food was good if you are a meat eater – my partner said the kudu was the most tasty meat he’d ever eaten. The cakes were good too. However, we weren’t there for the food & seeing zebras have a drink whilst you’re doing the same is pretty special. Breakfast is good & one night our sleep was disrupted by a roaring lion. A special place and good value for money!