Children on Safari
Namibia can offer a truly memorable and interactive experience in the wilderness for families travelling with children by offering children’s accommodation, specially designed game drives for children, activities and meals.
Onguma Nature Reserve welcomes children to explore and experience the uniqueness of the untamed African bush with its many wild animals both the big and small!
At Onguma Bush Camp there has always been an emphasis on family and the Lodge encourages families. The staff go out of their way to make sure the young ones have the time of their lives and the parents get their own satisfying safari experience. The bushveld of Onguma is a wild wonderland, a child’s dream come true, and the Lodge delights in being able to share her secrets with the next generation.
Onguma Bush Camp has a large games area, stocked with books, toys and games. Children can watch wildlife DVD’s and enjoy short interpretive walks around the lodge garden – empowering them with bird, tree and insect identification skills.
OUR CHILDREN’S POLICY:
- Children under 3 years stay for free, 3 up to 11 years sharing with adults, 50% off rack rate
- Children 12 years and above will be accommodated in own room at the full price.
- The above rate for children is a nett rate and includes specified meals.
- Four of the “Big Five” (lion, leopard, elephant and rhino) roam free on the Onguma Game Reserve.
- The Fort and Tree Top Camps are not fenced in. No children under the age of 7 years will be allowed at The Fort and Etosha Aoba Lodge. At Tented Camp and Tree Top Camp no children under 12 years.
- The Tree Top and Tented camps cannot accommodate a 3rd bed in the Tree Houses or Tents.
- Game drives are conducted on open safaris vehicles. For safety reasons children under 10 years are not permitted on game drive vehicles. Children under the age of 16 years are not permitted on walking safaris.
Onguma Bush Camp family rooms have been especially designed to ensure that parents and children are accommodated in adjoining rooms sharing the bathroom.
- Our loft rooms have the little ones clambering up a ladder to their sleeping area in the loft. A shared bathroom accommodates the family.
- Child-friendly food and child snack packs keep children happy and dinners can even be served earlier to accommodate young appetites.
- It is the only fenced camp on the reserve and has lovely gardens and lawns where little ones can run and play in a safe environment.
- We can sometimes offer families their own exclusive game drives, in addition to the regular program. These need to be arranged in advance and are dependent on availability of spare vehicles.